Pondicherry MBBS admission 2022
Pondicherry NEET Admission 2022 – The Centralised Admission Committee (The CENTAC), Pondicherry has the authority for conducting the common counselling for Pondicherry NEET 2022 admissions to the MBBS course in the Union Territory. Authorities will release the Pondicherry Application form for MBBS admission online. The Eligible candidates can fill out the Pondicherry NEET application form 2022 before the closing date.
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the UT counselling regulators will be eligible for Pondicherry MBBS Admission. On the basis of the scores secured by the applicant in the NEET UG exam, the Pondicherry admission to 578 MBBS seats offered by medical colleges, for 85% state quota seats. Aspirants looking for more information on the Pondicherry NEET admission 2022 can read the article given below to know the eligibility, application form details, important dates, and admission process.
Pondicherry NEET 2022 Admission – Overview
|Admission name||Pondicherry MBBS/BDS admission|
|Conducting body||The Centralised Admission Committee (The CENTAC)|
|Basis of Admission||Scores of NEET UG|
|Seats excluding AIQ||MBBS – 578|
Pondicherry MBBS admission 2022 – Eligibility criteria
Candidates seeking to take Puducherry NEET 2022 admission have to fulfill the conditions of eligibility. The Puducherry NEET eligibility criteria are as follows.
- Applicants must have passed the H.Sc. (Academic) examination conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of the state or any other equivalent exam.
- Students have to qualify for the aforementioned exam with a minimum of 50% marks (40% of marks for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/BT/SC/ST candidates) in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Biotechnology, Botany, and Zoology. They must have passed each subject individually also.
- Applicants should also have studied English as one of the subjects.
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are also eligible
- Aspirants should be at least 17 years old at the time of admission.
- Students must have qualified NEET UG 2022.
Pondicherry MBBS admission 2022 – Eligibility criteria for minority quota
1. They must be residents of the UT of Puducherry and belong to respective minorities
- For PIMS: Applicants must be from a Christian religious minority category
- For SVMC RI: Aspirants who belong to Telugu linguistic minority are eligible.
2. Applicants should produce any valid documentary proof like Transfer Certificate or similar document to prove their Puducherry NEET 2022 eligibility under the minority quota.
Pondicherry MBBS admission – Eligibility for management quota
Aspirants who have qualified in NEET 2022 can apply for management seats. There is no restriction like domicile or residence criteria. So, candidates from other states can also apply for the management quota if they wish to.
Pondicherry MBBS 2022 admission – What is the application process?
The CENTAC has released the Puducherry NEET application form online mode for all eligible aspirants. Aspirants have to register and enter personal, academic, and contact details. They will also have to enter their NEET 2022 details. Thereafter, they must upload scanned images of their colored photograph between 20 to 25 KB in JPG format only. Before submitting the form, they need to pay the application fee given below:-
Steps to fill Pondicherry NEET application form
- Personal, contact, Reservation details should be entered
- Academic details should be entered
- Uploading of documents
- Make the application fee payment
- View the filled Pondicherry MBBS application form 2022
|Type of seat applied for||Gen/OBC||SC/ST|
|Management Quota / SS – (other states candidates)||2000||1000|
|NRI / Foreign Nationals||2000||–|
Documents to be uploaded (scanned self-attested photocopies):
- Class X certificate
- Class 12 or equivalent mark sheet and certificate
- NEET admit card
- NEET rank card
- Community certificate
- Transfer certificate – in case of minority candidates
- Sports certificate if applicable (for sportspersons)
- A rural certificate signed by the Head of the Institution of Government Schools, Puducherry.
- Any other document as specified
Pondicherry MBBS merit list 2022
The authorities have released the updated merit list for Puducherry NEET 2022 admission for different Quotas. The criteria for preparing the Merit List for Puducherry NEET admission 2022 will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET-UG 2022. The counselling conducting authorities, CENTAC may publish the Puducherry NEET 2022 merit list as a Draft giving the candidates one or two days’ time to raise objections, if any. The final merit list for Pondicherry MBBS admission 2022 will be published after considering the objections if any.
Pondicherry NEET counselling 2022
Authorities will be conducting the Puducherry NEET 2022 Counselling in online mode. Candidates who have paid the application fee within the due dates will be allowed to fill their choice of courses and colleges during the Puducherry NEET counselling. Based on their merit, authorities will allot the seats for Puducherry MBBS admission in 2022. After downloading the provisional allotment order, Candidates have to report to the allotted college with the specified documents in original and pay the requisite Puducherry NEET 2022 admission fee after completion of the document verification.
Pondicherry NEET 2022 admission – Contact details
Applicants can contact the Puducherry MBBS counselling authorities for the below-mentioned contact details.
Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC)
Government of Puducherry
Pondicherry Engineering College Campus
Pondicherry – 605014
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – Pondicherry NEET Admission 2022 – Dates, Registration, Merit List, Seats Matrix, Counselling
Question: Who are the competent authorities to conduct Pondicherry NEET 2022 counselling?
Answer: The Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC), Pondicherry is the competent authority responsible for conducting the common counselling for Pondicherry NEET 2022 admissions.
Question: In which mode Pondicherry NEET 2022 application form was released?
Answer: Authorities have released the Puducherry NEET application form online.
Question: Who will be considered for the Pondicherry MBBS admission 2022?
Answer: Only the candidates who will fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the UT counselling authority will be considered for Pondicherry MBBS 2022 admission.
Question: How many MBBS/BDS seats will be granted on the basis of Pondicherry NEET admission 2022?
Answer: Based on the scores obtained by aspirants in the NEET UG exam, the Pondicherry admission to 578 MBBS seats.