Karnataka Mbbs Admission
Karnataka MBBS admission – The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bangalore will conduct Karnataka MBBS 2022 admission in an online mode. There are a total of 9345-MBBS in Karnataka. NEET qualified applicants belonging to the Karnataka domicile will be eligible for Karnataka MBBS admission.
To apply for admission to Karnataka MBBS students will have to submit the online application form and undergo a document verification process. Karnataka MBBS admission will be conducted on the basis of marks in the NEET exam, state merit rank, number of seats, and reservation criteria. The KEA will publish the Karnataka NEET merit list for eligible applicants.
On the basis of the state-merit list, the Karnataka MBBS counselling for 85% state quota and 100% private colleges seats will be conducted. During counselling, Applicants will be asked to submit their choices of courses and colleges for admission to Karnataka NEET. The Aspirants who qualify are advised to report to the allotted college along with original documents to get Karnataka-MBBS-admission. Admission to the remaining 15% All India Quota seats will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee through NEET counselling. In order to know information on Karnataka-MBBS-admission-eligibility, seat-matrix, reservation, and application, other details, read the given article mentioned beneath.
Karnataka MBBS admission – overview
|Admission name||Karnataka MBBS 2022 admission|
|Admission conducting body||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bangalore|
|Entrance exam accepted||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2022|
|Exam conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Criteria for admission||NEET scores|
|Type of seats||Seats under 85% state quota and 100% private colleges|
|Total number of seats||9,345 MBBS|
Karnataka MBBS admission eligibility
Aspirants who fulfill the set eligibility criteria are eligible for Karnataka-MBBS-admission. Check the details of the Karnataka MBBS eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- Nationality of candidates: Indian Candidates are eligible for Karnataka NEET MBBS admission for Various categories while NRI Aspirants can apply for NRI quota seats as per the availability of seats
- Academics: Aspirants must pass 2nd class 12/PUC or its equivalent exam with a minimum of fifty percent marks. For the aspirants who belong to the reserved category, the minimum marks required are forty percent.
- Subjects studied: Applicants must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- Domicile: To apply for admission to Karnataka MBBS students must belong to the Karnataka domicile. The applicants who are not domicile of Karnataka, those aspirants can apply for open and other quota seats in private colleges. According to the mentioned criteria, Karnataka domicile Applicants can apply for Karnataka MBBS admission to govt. seats.
- Candidates who have studied for a minimum of seven years from a government or government-recognized institution in Karnataka are eligible.
- Candidates who have passed class 11th and 12th from Karnataka and whose parents have studied for 7 years in Karnataka are eligible.
- Applicants and either parent having Kannada, Tulu, or Kodava as their mother tongue are eligible. Such aspirants will have to undergo a Kannada language test.
- Son/daughter of defence personnel who has passed class 11th and class 12th from Karnataka are eligible.
NEET cutoff: As Mentioned, Only NEET qualified Applicants are eligible for Karnataka MBBS admission. To qualify for the medical entrance test, students must secure the NEET-UG cutoff. Candidates can have a look at the category-wise NEET cut-off as mentioned below.
Karnataka NEET cutoff
|Category||NTA NEET cutoff||NTA NEET cut off marks|
Karnataka MBBS application form
Aspirants fulfilling the eligibility criteria can fill out the Karnataka MBBS application form, the link to which will be provided here. The Karnataka MBBS application form can be filled out only online. Whilst filling out the application form for Karnataka-MBBS, applicants are advised to fill in their personal details, academic, domicile, category, contact, and NEET Scores details.
Aspirants have to pay the Karnataka MBBS application fee. While filling out the Karnataka MBBS application form, Applicants are advised to submit the correct information. In case, an applicant submits a Karnataka NEET application form with incomplete/incorrect information, it will be rejected by the authority (KEA). Check the steps to fill out the application form for Karnataka MBBS 2022 below.
Steps to fill Karnataka MBBSapplication form
- Registration: Applicants will have to register in order to get Karnataka MBBS admission by entering personal details and email address for the procedure.
- Log-in: An Application ID and password will be sent to the Applicants Registered Email and phone number. Registered students will have to log in using credentials.
- Fill Karnataka NEET application form: Aspirants are advised to fill right personal, category, address, class 10th, and 12th scores, and NEET scores details.
- Upload documents: After filling in all required information, aspirants will have to upload the scanned passport size photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression. All the documents should be uploaded in JPG/JPEG format only.
- Application fee payment: In order to submit the application form, aspirants will have to pay the required application fee of the Karnataka MBBS application form. The fees of application can be paid via credit/debit card/net banking
- Printout of Karnataka MBBS application form: Applicants must take 2-3 printouts of the application form of Karnataka NEET.
Karnataka MBBS application form fee
|General candidates||Rs 1,000|
|SC/ST/PWD candidates||Rs 500|
|NRI/OCI/PIO candidates||Rs 2,000|
Karnataka MBBS merit list 2021
The KEA will publish the Karnataka MBBS 2021 merit list in an online mode on the official website. The Karnataka MBBS merit list will be prepared on the basis of NEET scores. After accepting the application of eligible applicants, those aspirants who qualify for the verification procedure will be included on the merit list of Karnataka MBBS admission. The Applications who are accepted will clear the document verification procedure and those applicants’ names will be included in the merit list of Karnataka MBBS. The authority will first announce the provisionalKarnataka MBBS merit list followed by the final-merit list. The Karnataka NEET merit list will mention applicants’ details, NEET roll no. , scores, and AIR.
Karnataka MBBS counselling
The KEA Bangalore has the authority to conduct counselling for Karnataka MBBS online. There will be 3-rounds of Karnataka MBBS counselling will be held including one mop-up in case there are any vacant seats. Aspirants who qualify and will be included in the merit list can proceed with the further procedure for Karnataka NEET Counselling. At the time of counselling, aspirants must register themselves online and fill out their desired college and courses in the form for Karnataka MBBS Admission. On the basis of applicants’ choices, seat matrix, reservation criteria, state rank, and NEET Exam scores, authorities will announce the Karnataka MBBS seat allotment list. Aspirants whose names will be on the list have to pay the advised tuition fee and report to the college allotted to them in the given time. On the day of reporting, Aspirants must carry original documents with them for the verification procedure.
Karnataka MBBS admission document verification
After submitting the application form, Applicants will have to upload their documents for verification for Karnataka NEET admission. Have a look at the steps to upload documents for verification below.
Steps for document verification
- Login: Login using the application ID and password
- Documents verification: Upload the advised documents in-pdf format for Karnataka MBBS-admission.
- Verify the documents uploaded: Double-check the documents uploaded and replace any document if necessary.
- Enter One-time password(OTP): To Submit a declaration enter the OTP-received on mobile number/email ID-registered in the application form of Karnataka MBBS
- The Acknowledgement slip: After the successfull submission of documents, An acknowledgment slip will be generated. Take 2-3 printouts of the-acknowledgment slip.
- The verification acknowledgment slip is an important document for Karnataka MBBS admission. The verification slip will mention the aspirants-details, a list of documents verified for Karnataka MBBS admission, category details, merit rank, and the security key.
- Applicants must verify the information mentioned in the acknowledgment slip and in case something is wrong, the aspirant must report to KEA. The security key given in the verification slip will be required by applicants during Karnataka NEET counselling. Aspirants must not share the security key with anyone.
Documents to be submitted
- Karnataka MBBS application form 2022
- Karnataka MBBS application fee payment receipt
- 2 passport size photographs of the candidate
- NEET 2022 admit card
- NEET-UG score-card
- SSLC / class 10 mark sheet
- 2nd PUC / class 12 mark sheet
- Candidate’s study certificate
- Caste / caste income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Rural study certificate for 10years of study (for rural quota)
- Kannada medium study certificate for 10years of study (for Kannada medium quota)
- Parent’s academics/hometown/ domicile / employment / cumulative-record / mark sheet-certificates
Karnataka MBBS admission – Type of seats
Check the distribution of seats for Karnataka MBBS admission below:
Karnataka MBBS type of seats
|Type of seat||Details|
|Government seats||100% of seats are available in government colleges.40% MBBS and 35% BDS seats are under government quota in private non-minority colleges (KPCF)25% MBBS and BDS seats are under government quota in private minority (religious & linguistic) colleges.|
|Private seats||Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust (KPCF) colleges- 40% MBBS and 45% BDS seats as private seats for general merit – Private seats (GMP): 50% of the above 40/45 % seats.For open seats (OPN): Remaining 50% of the above 40/45 % seats.KRLMPCA and AMPCK colleges- 55% seats are private seats66% of seats are reserved for the respective religious and linguistic-minority-Remaining 34% – 50% for GMP while the remaining 50% open seats|
|NRI seats||15% of the total seats in KPCF, KRLMPCA, and AMPCK are for NRI applicants.|
|Other seats||5% of the total seats in KPCF, KRLMPCA, and AMPCK colleges.|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – Karnataka MBBS admission – application, merit list, Quota, Procedure, etc.
Question: Who will conduct Karnataka MBBS admission?
Answer: The Karnataka-Examination-Authority (KEA), Bangalore will conduct the admission of Karnataka MBBS.
Question: How to fill out the form for Karnataka MBBS admission?
Answer: The Karnataka MBBS application form can be filled out online.
Question: Is the Karnataka MBBS admission document verification procedure will be conducted offline?
Answer: No, Karnataka MBBS admission document verification will be conducted online on the official website. (kea.kar.nic.in)
Question: Can NRI Students apply for Karnataka NEET MBBS admission?
Answer: Yes, 15% of seats in private colleges are reserved for NRI candidates.