Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission
The Atal Medical & Research University, Himachal Pradesh will release the seat allotment list of HP NEET 2022 on January 30, 2022. applicants who will be allotted seats will have to report to the colleges from February 2 to 5, 2022. Check the entire schedule of HP MBBS admission 2022 below.
HP MBBS Admission :-
The Atal Medical & Research University, Himachal Pradesh, conducts HP MBBS admission. The authorities will commence the admissions with the announcement of the HP NEET application form. Applicants who fulfill all the eligibility criteria can proceed for admission to HP MBBS. HP NEET MBBS admission will be granted to the applicants on the basis of scores secured in NEET. Therefore, it is important for aspirants to qualify for the NEET Exam. To get admission to HP MBBS, it is necessary for aspirants to get themselves registered by filling out the application form for the same. Authorities will release the HP MBBS merit list mentioning the names of the candidates, who will be further eligible to participate in the counselling procedure.
The counselling of HP MBBS will be conducted online. Candidates are required to register for HP NEET MBBS admission from the official website. Aspirants are required to make their choices of courses and colleges according to their preferences for the seat allotment process of HP MBBS. Based on the preferences made for the course, colleges authorities will allot the seats for HP NEET admissions. Aspirants who have allotted seats in HP MBBS admission will have to report to the allotted colleges within the specified dates and timings. Applicants looking for more information regarding admission to HP MBBS can go through the article below.
HP MBBS admission 2022: Overview
|Admission name||HP MBBS Admission|
|Counselling authority||The Atal Medical & Research University, Himachal Pradesh|
|Admission on the basis of||Marks scored in the NEET MBBS exam|
|Exam conducting authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Tentative seats||870 MBBS|
HP MBBS 2022 admission criteria
|HP MBBS seats distribution||Admission criteria|
|15% All India Quota seats||MCC will conduct centralized’HP MBBS counselling on the basis of NEET marks|
|85% State Quota seats||The Atal Medical & Research University, Himachal Pradesh is the state authority to conduct counselling on HP NEET admission for state quota seats.|
|Mode of HP MBBS counselling||H.P.U.will conduct the offline counselling as per the state merit rank for admission|
HP MBBS admission: Eligibility criteria
Before filling out the application form for HPMBBSadmission, it is advised for aspirants to go through the eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria is a set of conditions set for aspirants to be eligible or not for HP MBBS admission.
- Aspirants looking for admission for HP MBBS must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 17 years. For HP NEET admission, applicants must be Himachali residents.
- It is not necessary to be a genuine domicile for aspirants seeking admission to HP NEET through management quota seats.
- Applicants who are genuine residents of Himachal state but their parents are posted outside the state for any of the All India Services are also eligible for HP MBBS admission.
- Candidates must have done their 10th and 12th from any recognized board of the state for getting admission in 85% state quota seats.
- Aspirants belonging to the general category must have to secure 50% marks in aggregate of all compulsory Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English subjects whereas it is.40%for SC/ST & OBC aspirants.
- It is important for applicants to secure the minimum NEET percentile.
|Category||NEET cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
HP MBBS application form
HPU, the state conducting authority, Shimla for HP MBBS admission will announce the application form online. NEET qualified aspirants, who also fulfill eligibility criteria for admission in the various medical and dental colleges will be eligible to fill out the application form. After Successful submission of all application form procedures, authorities will announce the category-wise merit list of HP MBBS. The merit list will be based on the merit rank and the authority will conduct the further procedure of HP MBBS counselling for admission to state medical and dental colleges. The application form of Himachal Pradesh MBBS includes the process of registration and filling out the application form, uploading all required documents, paying the application fee, and taking the printouts of the application form. For Himachal Pradesh MBBS admission, it is important for aspirants to fill out the application form.
Steps to fill out the Himachal Pradesh MBBS application form
- Registration and filling: Aspirants need to get themselves registered for HP NEET admission by entering the programs and applying for personal details, email ID, and valid mobile number along with the other important details asked.
- Filling in the application form: After registering for HP MBBS admission, candidates have to fill out the application form by entering academic details such as NEET-UG rank and scores, Class 10th and 12th scores, and board details.
- Uploading documents: Applicants have to upload all the required documents, after the registration and filling process for HP MBBS admission.
- Application fees: Candidates have to pay the amount of application/counselling fee online to complete the application procedure for HP MBBS.
- Application form(Printouts): Aspirants are advised to take 2-3 sets of printouts of the entire HP MBBS application form for their future references.
HP MBBS merit list
The state counselling conducting authority HPU, Shimla will release the HP MBBS merit list after the completion of all the processes of the application. The HP MBBS’merit list will be announced separately for State and Management quota seats. The state merit list comprises the inclusion of candidates’ names, All India Rank (AIR), roll number, father’s name, category, marks in NEET result 2022, domicile status, and date of counselling. Candidates whose names will be enlisted in the state merit list will be eligible for further counselling process for HP NEET admission.
HP NEET counselling
The Atal Medical & Research University, Himachal Pradesh has the regulatory authority to conduct the HP NEET counselling tentatively online. The Applicants whose names are enlisted in the state merit list will be eligible for HP MBBS counselling. Candidates will have to fill in their preferences of courses and colleges while filling out the form. On the basis of seat availability, choice preference, and merit rank, the seats to the aspirants will be allotted for HP MBBS admission. Applicants who will get the allotment of seats will have to report at the respective counselling venue for the HP NEETseat allotment and document verification procedure.
HP MBBS admission – Important documents
Applicants can go through the list of documents that they have to carry during the HP MBBS counselling, below.
- NEET UG admit card
- NEET results along with detail marks
- Acknowledgment slip of HP NEET 2022 admission
- Class 12 or equivalent examination passing certificate
- Detailed mark sheet of Class 12thorequivalent examination
- Character certificate
- 10th and 12th certificates showing D.O.B
- 12th passing certificate, showing the place of schools
- Bonafide resident certificate of Himachal Pradesh
HP MBBS Seats Reservation
The reservation of seats for HP MBBS admission is different for government and private medical of the state. The government medical colleges of the state have 85% seats reserved under the state quota, while the seats in private medical and dental colleges are divided equally among the state and management quota seats. Check the HP MBBS 2022 seat reservation from the table below.
Reservation of seats of HP MBBS
|Other Backward Class||4%|
|Single Girl Child||1%|
|Children-son/daughter of Ex-Servicemen||1%|
|Children –son/daughter of Defence Personnel||1%|
|Ward of Freedom Fighter||1%|
|Children of J&K Migrants||1%|
|Children of Tibetan Refugees||1%|
|ESI Quota (only in Sh. Lal Bahadur Shastri Govt. Medical College)||35%|
Venue for HP MBBS counselling
Aspirants can have a look at the venue of counselling which they have to report for HPMBBS admission
H.P. University Auditorium
Summer hill Shimla – 171005
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – HP NEET Admission- Dates, Online Form, Merit List, Counselling
Question: Who conducts the admission for HP NEET MBBS admission?
Answer: The Atal Medical & Research University, Himachal Pradesh is the authority that will conduct the HP MBBS admission.
Question: When will the authority begin the HP MBBS admission?
Answer: The registration date for HP MBBS admission is yet to be released soon.
Question: Do I need to qualify for NEET to get admission to HP medical colleges?
Answer: Yes, in order to pursue MBBS in any HP college, one must qualify for NEET.
Question: Who can apply for HP MBBS admission?
Answer: Applicants who have qualified neet are eligible to apply for HP MBBS admission The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned in the article above.
Question: What is the application form fee for HP MBBS admission?
Answer: The HP MBBS application form fee for General/NRI/OBC & other categories is Rs 2000 and for SC/ST/PH it is Rs 1000. The fee can be paid online using credit/debit cards and net banking through HDFC bank or SBI-payment gateway.